My first munny creation



A couple of friends were ordering some DIY toys to muck around with from kidrobot, so I thought i'd give it a go to try and get myself back into a bit of painting, I must admit it was a bit of a challenge painting on a 3d surface, don’t look too close but he’s not exactly symmetrical for this reason – Think I still prefer a 2d canvas!

I’m not totally happy with the way it turned out, I was hoping for something “cute” but it didn’t really turn out that way. I think my initial sketch was a bit cuter (shown below) but alas, I changed it. My only other point about the kidrobot DIY toys is that they all seem so masculine, I mean I painted mine pink and it still looks like a boy.. How is that? I also ordered a little raffy.. so maybe I will succeed in making “her” female. All in all it felt good to be painting again, forgot how therapeutic it is.



Oil paint on vinyl. Apologies for phone photo (no camera atm). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family History in Sydney, NSW

Genetic Ancestry

MyHeritage DNA